Eretz Yisrael Time

Powered by WebAds
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Dang, it’s been a busy week outside the house.

My parents are semi-retired. They’d be in full retirement, but it takes a few decades to pay off yeshiva tuition.

Anyway, their dream is to make aliyah (which is pretty funny, because I have a friend who now won’t make Aliyah now that his parents did).

Anyway, as much as they like and support the “settlement enterprise” they are city people and need their easy access to Ben Yehuda and the Kotel, so Jerusalem is the only option as far as they are concerned.

There’s an ad for Tovei Ha’Ir running on my blog, which is a “Senior Residence Center” oriented to the (active) English speaking retiree.

More as a joke than anything else (and part of the JoeSettler mission to go where the news is), I decided to visit the place (it’s at the edge of Geulah).

Trust me when I say I was not expecting what I saw.

Imagine the Laromme Inbal hotel with glass elevators, and an atmosphere reminiscent of Grossinger’s and the Homowack. You start to get the idea.

This place isn’t so much an old-age home as it is a 5-star resort with old people (and all their family coming to visit and use the hotel facilities).

I forgot to ask for prices when I was there (I was too busy riding up and down the glass elevator with my oldest kid).

I’m still debating whether to tell my parents about this place or not, I’d hate to have to leave the country.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Powered by WebAds
    Follow the Muqata on Twitter
      Follow JoeSettler on Twitter
      Add to favorites Set as Homepage

      Blog Archive


      Powered by WebAds