Eretz Yisrael Time

Powered by WebAds
Sunday, January 07, 2007
I received a strange email from someone from Germany of all places. He decided that after reading my blog that I was against “Peace”.

Dear Mr. Settler,

I came across Your blog lately. Whatever Your intentions writing this blog may be, one thing is clear: Peace is not included.

So I responded,

My definition of Peace is the continued existence of the Jewish people despite the best efforts of those people(s) who are trying or have tried to commit genocide against my people.

If you believe that supporting philosophies, ideologies, or policies that cause harm to the Jewish people is "Peace", then no, my definition of peace is not yours, and I'll stick with mine.


It really comes down to that, doesn’t it? What is “Peace”?

Think about for a minute. I disagree with everything the Left have done to achieve their definition of “Peace”, but can anyone in their right mind say that Israel simply hasn’t tried every possible Leftist maneuver for “Peace” with nothing but increased terrorism as the only return for our attempts? We destroyed our own towns, we’ve given weapons to terrorist "Peace Partners", they have their own elected government of terrorists, we’ve given them tons of money, etc.

If something doesn’t work then something is completely off, be it your method, your goals, your definitions, your partners, etc.

Clearly it takes two sides to make peace, and for the past dozen years since Oslo only one side has made the attempt, while the other side (well we all know what and I don’t need to reiterate the known and obvious except apparently to people in Germany).

As I always say, perhaps it’s time for a correct definition and a new answer.


My definition of Peace means that we are not being attacked. My definition of Peace means I can live in my homeland (the Land of Israel) without threat of terrorism, expulsion, or boycott. My definition is that the Jewish state is allowed and encouraged to thrive and flourish in our ancestral homeland. My definition of Peace means that my neighbors either respect my rights or pay the price when they don’t.

Certainly I would call this a very minimalistic and basic definition, but if my neighbors can’t meet them, then we have the opposite of Peace (do I need to spell out that word for you?).

I’m against “Peace”?

No, but my definition of Peace doesn’t involve voluntarily walking ourselves back into gas chambers.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Powered by WebAds
    Follow the Muqata on Twitter
      Follow JoeSettler on Twitter
      Add to favorites Set as Homepage

      Blog Archive


      Powered by WebAds